I haven't updated our blog in so long that I had to look at my calendar to see what we've been doing. I have a horrible short term memory! I usually blog when I have pictures and unfortunately I haven't taken many lately.
Since the last update...
We went and spent a weekend with April and Drew in Allen, TX (north of Dallas). I had been trying to get up there since before OUR wedding and finally we found a good weekend. We got to spend good time with them and just relax. We got to go see their new home in McKinney which was SO cute! I can't wait to go back and visit once they get moved in. We love them and miss them and wish we could see them more. April is going to send me pictures and I will post. I forgot my camera because it was in my purse...and guess what I FORGOT MY PURSE!!! I'm losing it!
We hurried home on Sunday and celebrated Father's Day with the Bates Family. We cooked out over at my parent's house. Monday night we met the Hanegan's at Gringo's and celebrated Father's Day with them.
That Tuesday we had a wonderful dinner at our house with Crystal and her new boyfriend Kent. We had really wanted to spend some time with them and really enjoyed having them out to the house!
This past weekend Wade and I both got a treat. Wade went to Vintage Shave in Sugar Land to redeem his gift certificate from Valentine's day while I went and got a pedicure. We got to meet for lunch and spend the rest of the day together and it was SO nice. We took it easy with the housework this weekend.
Sunday we went to church and then had Jeff and Alecia out to the house and grilled Beer Can Chicken. It was so much fun. They had never been out to the house!!! It was great to have them and I'll have to admit that my husband is a grilling macine. The chicken was great! We also made the best homeade ice cream which I think might become a staple in our house along with taco's and Dr. Pepper!
This week we have been doing housework. Wade has been plumbing and we also got our flower bed mulched so I can finally take some pictures. I think everything is going to live and it finally looks presentable. I will work on that tonight.
Happy 6th Birthday, Jack!
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment