Friday, December 26, 2008

a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord

Christmas at the Hanegan's

Wade and I loaded up on Tuesday and headed to the lake for Christmas. We arrived to a counter covered in cookies, Happy Birthday Jesus cake, reindeer food and more and pretty much ate the whole time! The first thing on our agenda was to go shoot Wade's new "potato gun" that he made last weekend. I have forbidden him from shooting that thing on our street, so he couldn't wait to get to the lake to shoot. It was actually very entertaining!




We got to open one present the first night which was matching PJ's for us all. Here are all of the girls in our matching pink animal print pants! So cute...and comforatble!



We got up Christmas Eve morning and treated it as Christmas. We had a delicious breakfast and opened all of our presents. Between our 2 stops I think Wade and I could have used a U-haul to get our stuff home. We both got some great clothes, movies, books, hunting gear, etc.



Christmas Eve night we traveled to Newton, TX for the candlelight Christmas Service and then watched Mama Mia. We had such a wonderful time and thank the Hanegan's for a very special Christmas.

Here we are on the back porch of the lakehouse on Christmas morning! Isn't it beautiful?

We left and drove to the Bates home around 9:00 on Christmas Morning.


Christmas with the Bates

We got there just in time for a delicious turkey lunch. My mom made the Martha Stewart Turkey recipe which was amazing and we also fried our usual cajun turkey which is always my favorite. It is a little embarrassing how excited I get about turkey!
I had a wondeful surprise and Rosa came over to have Christmas with us. For those of you who don't know Rosa, she was the lady that kept my brother and I growing up. She lived in our house for 7 years and IS a part of our family. We miss her so much and I hadn't seen her since my wedding. What a treat to have her there with us!
Mom and I took Rosa out to our house which was fun. She got to see that I can actually keep a house of my own instead of her following me around cleaning up my messes.
We got back and opened presents!
The Family

The Kids with Rosa

Hanegan's by the Tree

Mom and Rosa

The Christmas Paper Mess
Opening Presents...

Guage with his new "Pet Hair Eraser"

Mom with her Sham-Wows off the infomercial. Yes my dad got them for her!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas Day full of the love of Christ! Happy Birthday Jesus who came to save us all:)

No comments: