Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas, Christmas!

I am so thankful for this weekend! Why? We rested!!!! Wade and I spent time at home. I made peppermint bark today, made a home cooked dinner, have a clean house and have time to watch TV tonight. It is wonderful.

Friday night we stayed home and I fell asleep at 10:00.

Saturday we got up and went to work The Christmas Store at Long Point Baptist Church. West and I were on the gift wrapping team. Long Point opened up and had a free store for underpriveledged people to get Christmas presents for their children. They got a shopping guide who helped them pick out presents and shared the gospel with them. Then, we wrapped their gifts. I left there so joyful and truly understanding Christmas so much more than fighitng the crowd at the mall. I was so glad we were able to help out.



Saturday night and afternoon I finished wrapping all of the presents. Wade even wrapped mine. He made his own bows and labels. I got a kick out of his labels shown below.


With all of the shopping and wrapping done, I can just sit back and enjoy the season. Praise God for the gift of his son Jesus to the world that he would save us from our sins and allow us to spend eternity with him in heaven. THAT is the joy at Christmas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Of course I will wrap your gift! If your gift is a shape something other than a perfect square, please see Lauren..." -West