Monday, August 23, 2010

One Year Old!!!

I can't help but think of this night last year. So much anticipation. Wade and I worked so hard that day to get everything ready for the arrival of our little girl. I don't think we could stop working because we couldn't handle the excitement. I was ready to be skinny again and sleep on my stomach...Wade was ready for me to stop complaining about how swollen my ankles were and how hot I was! We were both excited to meet our little one, but one year later I can honestly say we had NO IDEA what was in store for us.

I didn't know how a little smile, a little giggle, a sweet little word could melt my heart. I didn't realize I could watch Elmo all day just to hold her. I didn't realize that my best friend in the entire world could be a one year old. I am in love with every single thing about our sweet baby. She has the sweetest most joyful personality and is so full of life. I can tell she is genuinely happy and that is all that matters to me now.

Harper at One Year:
-She is a walking maniac.
-Her favorite toy is her baby doll Bibi.
-Her words are "Uh-oh", "Juice", "Mama", "Dada", "Day-day" (which is Kyles dog Gauge), "Na-na" (still don't know what that means).
-She can clap, wave, peek-a-boo and tickle us.
-She has 2 bottom teeth with her two top ones coming in.
-She has a little more hair than her daddy:(
-She will not wear a bow.
-She still has knee rolls and a big belly although she is slimming.
-Her favorite food is spaghetti.
-She loves to watch Einstein, Elmo and Sing-a-longs.
-She is a water bug.
-She is the life of the party!

We had a "Pink Barnyard" party for Harper on Saturday. My one wish was that she would know the party was for her and she totally did. She knew she was the birthday girl and it made me so happy. There were so many family members and sweet friends of ours and hers that came to celebrate her.

Harper's "This is awesome!" Face

Cake and Cookies

Cake

My 2 Loves!

Her cow onesie and tutu!

Smashing some Cake

Harper's Best Friends

Her new set of wheels from Grandmommy and Pawpaw.

Mommy's special friends who traveled in from far to be there!
For some reason this is all the pictures blogger will let me upload tonight. I will put the rest up sometime soon. Thanks for reading!!!
Wade and I are taking Harper to the children's museum tomorrow for a special day all about her on her "real" birthday! Pictures to come from that too:)

2 comments:

Jaclyn & Greg said...

Happy Birthday Harper! I can't believe she's already one! Harper is absolutely precious, just like her momma. We miss you guys and really need to hangout soon!

Catherine said...

So cute! Gosh a year goes by so fast. Happy Birthday little one!