Well we had a great week and a lot happened...
Dinner with the Tigtigs
Wade and I have been wanting to make some good friends out in the neighborhood, so of course my mother set us up! We went over to the Tigtig's house for dinner on Thursday night. He is the YoungLife leader at Elkins High School and is the area director over Fort Bend County. Brooke is 28 and is so cute and fun. They have 3 precious children Addy, Marah and Trace. Wade and I enjoyed them so much and are so thankful that our blind date went well. I have so much respect for the ministry that they do and think that we will have fun getting to know them better. Good news is they live like 5 minutes away! The kids are also a big plus. We enjoyed the entertainment!
Wade and the Food Bank
Wade has been talking and talking about getting involved in the Fort Bend County Food Bank. He has volunteered and will now go on Wednesday nights from 6-8. I am going to go with him once my bible study ends. We think that will be a good way to give back regularly and give something to look forward to mid-week!
Painting
We painted our front hallway on Saturday. It was the only spot in the "main" area of the house that we didn't get painted pre-wedding. I wasn't looking forward to it, but it made such a difference and we actually had fun doing it. It was a much smaller scale painting project than we have taken on in the past, so we enjoyed it this time.
Slumber Party
After painting I was talking to Missy on the phone and we planned a last minute slumber party. They drove out to our house and spent the night with us! Wade and I headed to the store and got everything for a Mexican Feast. We grilled fajitas and just hung out and relaxed. We spent over 4 hours at the dinner table and another few hours talking in the study. You know they are good friends when you can talk that much. You also know Wade and I were having fun by the fact that WE STAYED UP UNTIL 2:30 in the morning. Yes, it's true! The slumber party was a huge success and I hope we can do it again this off season! Love you guys!
Happy Birthday Jordan
We met The Hanegan Family in Alvin last night to celebrate Jordan's birthday. We had a fun dinner and enjoyed getting to see everyone. It was our first time to see the Smith's since the wedding day!
Happy 6th Birthday, Jack!
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment