Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday!

The Bates clan joined us for church and lunch today to celebrate mom's birthday as a family. We ate at Grand Lux Cafe and had enough food on our table to feed a small country.

I was so happy to get to spend time with my brother and my other brother Gauge (the dog)! We attempted to take a Christmas Card picture for mom and dad after lunch, but dad had already changed clothes. We got one of the kids with the dog, but we will see if it ends up being the keeper.



I got to see so many friends at church and it made my day. I saw Missy and Cliff, Ho and Barry, Westy, Becca, Gina and more... Blessed by all of them!

Wade and I went and returned the tux and finally made it to the grocery store. We are both so full from the lunch today that we might not eat all week.

Can I explain my frustration with my yard? It looks horrible and I am embarrassed, but I have no idea how to make it look better. I would love the yard with the green grass and flourishing flowers, but it just isn't happening that way. I think after taking a close look at it today that it might be next weekends project. Oh, home ownership!

1 comment:

Cliff and Missy said...

It was so fun seeing you guys and the Bates family at church! We've missed you! BTW, I meant to tell you that your hair is so pretty. I love it!