Tuesday, February 3, 2009

random update...

Well, I figured I would turn into a super blogger with all of the excitement about the baby, but it hasn't really turned out that way. I'm sorry for my lack of updating. It is due to the fact that I am super busy at work and super TIRED at home! Oh well!

There were loads of work and loads of laundry awaiting us when we returned from Colorado. That is what we've been doing. We did manage to sneak in a few fun things this weekend...

Friday night mom came over and cooked dinner for us at the house. What a blessing. I have been worn out, so it was nice to come home to a home-cooked meal I didn't cook! My dad introduced us to Friday Night Lights and then we watched the dateline on this poor man whose wife kidnapped his son to Brazil. If you really want to get angry at foreign legal systems, check out this website: www.bringseanhome.org. So many people checked out the website that it crashed. Incredible Story!

Saturday we completed many loads of laundry and then headed out the the baby furniture store!!! Yippee! Getting sick is not fun, but nursery shopping sure is. We are in no hurry to pick out the furniture, but I wanted to check it out just in case Corporate Outfitters needs to start to sell baby furniture at cost to their favorite employee. We found a set we loved and I have emailed the vendor to let them know we have a "big customer" intersted in their line. We'll see if I can get a deal!

Wade and Max headed to the gun range Saturday afternoon, so I hit the furniture store again with my mom. She agreed with our selections and then we took a walk down to Motherhood Maternity. Don't worry...I'm not wearing maternity! I did buy a bunch of things on sale though just so I'm prepared. I did decide that I love maternity clothes. They had CUTE CHEAP stuff. The best part is that if you eat a little too much you wouldnt have to undo your button. (I'm probably the only girl I know who has to do that, but now you know my secret.) I got jeans, jean capris, cute white pants, a few dresses and some black and kakhi capris for work. I really was impressed. When you see me from now on, pregnant or not, there is a good chance I will be in the comfy maternity pants.

Tadpole has officially graduated from an embryo to a fetus! The tail is gone and it looks like a little baby:) Oh how I love that child already!!!

I got off work early today because I went to the eye doctor. Let's just say my eyesight is not improving. It worked out well though because I went to get a manicure/pedicure to treat myself! Now I am home with TIME to clean and straighten up the house. I could get use to leaving work at 1:00!!!

Okay, I'm done rambling. On a serious note, I have had a rough week being sick. Like sick at home, sick at work...not this "just sick for a moment in the morning" sick. I am feeling tons better this afternoon, so please keep me and the baby in your prayers. We are going to our second Dr.'s visit on Friday, so I will let you know how that goes.

I saw this cross in the baby store the other day that said "for this child I prayed." It got me thinking that I hope if we got this child a cross for everyone that prayed the walls would be covered! I know between mommy, daddy and the grandparents there would be a few oversized crosses in there, but please join us in praying. We want nothing more than to have a happy healthy baby that grows up to love the Lord:)...and you can throw in there that mommy learn to love veggies and salad and not get too fat!!!...and that emotional pregnant mommy doesn't drive daddy crazy by August...and that mommy can get to work on time and not be sick...thanks:)

Guess I wasn't done rambling...

1 comment:

Pat Taylor said...

Just remember that every sick moment is so worth it when you hold that blessing in your arms.