Part of what I love so much about Wade is how he loves projects. Not projects like building a deck or gardening, but his wacky projects. His projects rarely ever make sense to me, but they are just so "Wade". He started asking me months ago if he could order and engine to put on a bicycle. I kept saying "is that really how you want to spend money?". I mean...what is he really going to do with this bike. He sold come copper wire that he had in his toolbox and used that money to order the engine since I wasn't on board. Talk about making your wife feel terrible! The sweet thing goes to work everyday and has to sell wire to buy a toy:(
Once the engine came in he needed a bike. Wes and Becca had offered us a FREE bike...AND I emailed the Sienna Listserv to see if I could find him one since I felt so guilty about the engine incident.
I get a phone call at work this week from Wade saying "Babe, I bought the most "epic" bike." I didn't really know how to interpret that. I thought to myself "How much did this cost?" He then said he paid $34 and I was going to love it.
Well...$34 was WAY to much for this bike. It honestly looks like he stole it from a homeless man. I'm serious. These pictures make it look better than it actually is.
Funny thing is...Wade LOVES it! He rides it around our little block, while I run inside because I'm so embarrassed.
Today he asked me if I would find a side cart for Harper to ride with him. Poor baby:(
Just look at this smile...

The best part is that he loves to ring the bell while riding. Check out this video!
Gotta love him! His two girls sure do:) I will make sure to keep you updated on the progress of our motor bike.


5 comments:
I really don't know what to say - I'm speechless! All I know is that I love my son-in-law and if he loves it then I love it.
I think he needs a little basket on the front! Too funny.
Oh my gosh! This brings back too many memories of Wade and the boys...and they're wackiness! Jackson is in the office and he just saw the pictures and said "he can't ride a bike, he's too old!" "that bike is yucky!" I'm dying right now!
But with a little spray paint (and some Rustoleum!), Wade, and that motor, you might get a pretty good ROI if you ebay it as a restored antique!! :)
I don't even know what to say....That's hilarious! oh wade!
I have the biggest smile on my face- Wade is hysterical! I love it! Still think he should have gone with my purple one though
Post a Comment