Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Updates...

Well I'm sure some of you have been wondering how Wade's tomatoes and jalapenos are growing. For those of you who haven't heard of Wade's gardening, please read my previous post Our Indoor Garden. We were out grilling tonight and we found the start of a jalapeno. Can you believe it after all this time??? I am pretty proud of his accomplishment. All from a few little seeds.

First Jalapeno

Our Now Outside Garden:)...Thank you Harper for needing a room and closet:)

In other news...
We had a wonderful long weekend for the 4th. We had another date to PF Changs/Swirll...it is now a weekly thing! We slept late. We lounged around. We hung out with our neighbors. We held the new baby. Wade golfed with my dad and brother. I shopped with my momma. It was an all around fun time:)
Our neighbors have made an outdoor movie projection screen and we watched the Goonies on the 4th. It was so fun! I'm sure Harper and Reagan are going to love their outdoor movies:)
Yesterday was my 32 week checkup at the Doctor. Harper was doing very well. She measured 32 cm, which was perfect size. All of my tests were normal and she even showed the Dr. some more of her acrobatics.
I have realized that she is getting the hiccups. They woke me up one night. As she gets bigger it is more and more weird that there is a little person inside me....that has hiccups...and moves...! I love her so much. Less than 8 weeks until I meet my princess:)
We heard in church on Sunday about being strengthened and protected...and that I was this morning! I was driving to work when a heard a thud. I thought something fell over in my trunk, but my tire pressure light immediately came on. I thought it was strange, so I pulled off of the Ft. Bend Toll road into a gas station parking lot to take a look at my tire. The first thing I saw in the parking lot was 2 GIGANTIC black dogs...off leashes...waiting to eat me. I was scared to even open my door. I pulled around the corner where the couldn't see me and noticed...pssssssssssshhhhhhh....there goes my air:( I called Wade, called AAA, called my mom to come sit with me...and called in late to work. Then a car of "not so nice" looking men pulled up and started waving and smiling at me. I am thinking "oh great...they see my flat tire...know I can't get away...are going to steal my purse and then beat me." Immediately the AAA guy literally pulled between me and the other truck and they drove off. This was 15 minutes after I called! My mom hadn't even gotten there yet. He changed my tire and I drove straight to the dealership. All is good now. Praise God for protecting me and Harper:)

That is all the randomness I have tonight. Time for Law and Order in bed...and hopefully a backrub from daddy Wade!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Wade,
I'm counting on you for tomatoes. Mine are withering away already. I think the heat was too much. I knew all along that you were a master gardener!

Gina said...

Girl,

I'm SO THANKFUL you were okay! How scarry.