Thursday, September 3, 2009

Harper's Birth

Here is a play-by-play of Harper's Birthday! August 24th, 2009

Mommy and Daddy got up at 3:45 AM to head to the hospital. We didn't get much sleep because we were so excited! We couldn't believe that we would get to meet our baby girl that day. It was so nice to know when we would be going to the hospital in advance. We were both surprisingly relaxed.


Here is a picture around 5:30 AM when they started my IV and petosin. I was already having contractions, but didn't know it. I am guessing I would have gone into labor on my own within the next few days. My contractions started getting stronger right away, but I really wasn't in that much pain.

Here are Wade and I just waiting on the contractions. Looking back at these pictures I was SO swollen. I am so happy now to be getting back to normal:)


Here starts the pain. Harper's heartbeat is the top row and my contractions are the bottom. By about 11:00 AM things started to get pretty painful. I requested my epidural and things immediately got better. I could have taken a nap after that. I was in no pain and actually felt a nice tingle all over my body. Wade and my mom both gave me foot rubs and it felt so good.

After a few hours of feeling good the pressure started. I went from 3 to 7 centimeters in one check. All of the sudden it was time to push! My doctor got there and I pushed for about 45 minutes and out came my little angel!

This is a much abbreviated version of all that happened, but I honestly can't remember everything. It was all a whirlwind and all that mattered at the end of the day is that Harper was there and healthy.

From our nurse to the Dr. to my pain...to everything...God was there. I know that the prayers from all of our family and prayers helped so much to help things go smoothly.

Here is the exciting part...

I know this picture is graphic, but it sums it up. A rollercoaster of emotions. We were both brought to tears immediately after we saw her. What a relief! She was out...she was perfectly healthy...our family was complete!



My first time to hold our bundle of joy!


Our nurse was a serious gift from God. She helped get me through it.

Wade and I with our Dr. who was equally as amazing as our nurse. I was very happy with her!


Precious newborn Harper. It is crazy how much she has already changed!

Wade and I with proud grandparents!

Aunt Westy was there to meet Harper! They are already in love.

Our happy family!

Harper with her Grandma!

Wes, Becca and Bailey came too. We can't wait for the girls to meet!

Loving on my sweet baby!

Uncle Kyle with Harper

Harper's first night in our room after her bath.

She loves to stretch those arms!
Our neighbors the Jarrett's with Harper's friend Reagan.

All dressed up and ready to go home!

It took a while to get discharged! We all napped:)

Mommy and Harper waiting to go!

Precious!

In her car seat on our way out!

The Hanegan Family goes home!
Next post... Hanegan's at Home... COMING SOON!

1 comment: