Monday, August 4, 2008

Adventures at the WaterPark!

Well, now we know why it was that we bought our house! We knew we were close to the infamous Sienna Plantation Water Park, but we hadn't had a chance to go visit until this weekend. We didn't know what were were missing!

I had told Wade I wanted to lay by the pool, so we loaded up our floats and headed for the "adult" pool in Sienna. It was around noon and when we got there it was completely empty. Come to find out it opens at 1:00 on a Saturday! Does that make any sense? We decided not to wait an hour to enjoy the sun and headed over to the Water Park. We knew we would be the only couple there without kids, but we had know idea how cool it really was FOR US. I'm talking high dive, 2 big slides, and the "bucket" that tips over and soaks the park when it fills up. Wade's eyes got so big when we got there and he was in line with the kids for the high dive and slide the rest of the day! Luckily I had my camera and caught him in action. I want you all to know that I too participated in the water activities!!!

We will definitely be back to the water park often!




After we cleaned up from the pool I went and picked mom up to go see Mamma Mia. We had a fun girls afternoon and then met up with Wade, Dad, Kyle and Megan at Cheesecake Factory for dinner. We headed back over to Mom and Dad's and played Catch Phrase and watched the Astros. Catch Phrase is always a treat at our house!

Sunday we went to church and then my sweet husband drove me straight to the mall and told me I was getting some new clothes! Can you believe that? I guess he was tired of me complaining about having "nothing to wear." I found some really cute things and then we even did some shopping for Wade. He got 2 new pairs of shoes out of the deal! He is so thoughtful and it meant a lot to me that he spend the afternoon in the mall.

We then headed to the movies with Wade's family to celebrate Katie's early birthday. We saw Swing Vote which I actually liked and then ate dinner at Cheddar's. I don't think I'd been to Cheddar's since College Station, so it was definitely a treat!

It was so nice to get to spend time with both of our families this weekend and to get some time to explore Sienna and relax at home!

NEXT WEEKEND: Lakehouse!

No comments: