Monday, August 18, 2008

Random Long Post!

First of all...we are obsessed with the olympics!!! If you called us any night last week and asked what we were doing..."watching the olympics"...until way too late! It's been tough on me! Tuesday night our cable went out!!! We couldn't miss the gymnastics or Michael Phelps, so we camped out at my parent's house until almost midnight. Gymnastics is my favorite! Wade stands up during the races he is nervous about and paces around the couch....weird I know! It has been so much fun and I have decided we will be taking a trip to the olympics in our lifetime!

Friday night we met Ryan, Joy and their cute little baby Drew at Cafe Adobe for dinner. They were both Wade's friends in high school and we had so much fun with them. The highlight was the baloon monkey they got for Drew...and when Joy fed Drew beans and he threw up instantly!

Get this...Saturday morning we woke up and didn't know what we were going to do that day!!! We have not had ONE Saturday without plans since we got married. We didn't know what to do with ourselves. No home projects, no parties, no showers, no WEDDINGS! What should we do? We got up really late and sped over to Chick-fil-a for breakfast! Yummy! I asked Wade if we could go in Hobby Lobby to look for some things for the house and his reply was "only if I can get a wooden airplane." I thought he was kidding, but right when we got in the store he disappeared and came back with his airplane. It was raining hard when we got home, but when it let up he got to go outside and play. His airplane hit the side of our house and then went backwards into our neighbors yard. Wade has to fish it out with a wire hanger because he was too embarrassed to go over there and admit he was playing with the airplane! I got a kick out of the whole thing.

We met Westy at Coco's Saturday night!!! It is the cutest crepe restaurant and coffee shop right by our old apartment! I have been missing it so much, so we decided to make the drive into Houston for the #7 crepe and some quality West time. We loved sitting down and talking to her!

FUNNY PART! We are at a crepe shop...on the patio...minding our own business. All of the sudden a man at a table behind us turns around and taps Wade on the shoulder. He is probably around 65 years old wearing a sport coat, slacks and sunglasses (at night) and says "Excuse me, do you have any MARY-WANNA? (my phonetinc spelling, but this is exactly how he said it!) We all looked at eachother like "What?" Did he just ask us for marijuana???? Wade told him he didn't have any and then we realized that he was an extremely drunk, creepy man just walking around all dressed up. He had just sat down with these girls and they were like, "Sir, this is America...marijuana is illegal!" We laughed the rest of the time. I guess you kind of had to be there, but it was hilarious!!! We watched him head across the street and pose like a flamingo too! He was actually kind of scary, and I really feel sorry for him...but it was funny!

Sorry so long...

1 comment:

Gina said...

I am CRACKING UP, girlfriend. That is hilarious! Miss you two so much. Love to you!