Saturday we spent all day cleaning and cooking because we were so blessed to have Genevieve, Jonny, West and Ryan spend Saturday night with us. For those of you who don't know, Genevieve and West were my roomates prior to Wade and have graced this blog many times. They are so dear to me...both of them...and I was so excited to see them and get to sit down with them and talk like we did daily last year. It was a Bel Air reunion...plus boys. We cooked two beer can chickens and had a big feast with yummy desert. We played SceneIt and just all relaxed and caught up. My favorite nights are those spent with a few close friends and we had the best time.
Today we got up and had coffee cake and cinnamon rolls and headed to church. We were so blessed by the message as usual! We went to lunch at Black Walnut (Wade's Favorite) with the whole crew and then parted ways. I was really sad for it to be over!
I am just so thankful for the friends that I have...truly thankful. I love them, enjoy them, respect them and just praise God for their wisdom and for what they mean to me. I just drove up to CVS to pick up something for Wade and just was so taken back by the Lord's blessings as I was driving. Wade and I both have so many people that uplift us and that we can turn to for anything and love that we are able to do the same for them. I am firmly convinced that we are all put together to help eachother through life and I love it! West and Genevieve are both examples of that and seeing them just reminded me of how imporant it is to have those people in life. We were all "set up" to be roomates and look what happened. This Lord knows what he is doing and puts us where we need to be. I will never forget those years we spent together and know that they are friendships that will last far beyond that apartment!
We got home from lunch and took a 3 HOUR nap! I think the length of all of our naps shows that we are tired people, but we are thankful for that time on a Sunday afternoon to rest. I get to spend the rest of the night enjoying our home with my husband. While I'm on the topic of friends...he's the greatest! I love him more everyday!
The Group!!!...Love them all so much!...oh and I got my hair cut!

No comments:
Post a Comment