We left about 9:30 AM on Saturday. We traveled with the Babcock's (Jaclyn and Greg) and West and caravaned with Crystal, Kent, Ho and Barry. We went straight to Sandy's Hamburgers in Austin which I loved and then headed on to Barton Springs. I had never been there before, but it was AWESOME! Below is a picture...not of us...but I just wanted to give you an idea of what it looked like. We got to play in the sun, float in the water and watch the boys...and Ho...take advantage of the diving board. The water was freezing, but it was definitely refreshing when it is 100+ degrees outside and I hope to visit again! We also got to see Genevieve and Jonny and meet up with Ryan! What a great group!
We then headed to the hotel in Round Rock to get showered before the game. While I was in the shower, the fire alarm went off and we had to evacuate!!! Of course Wade was right in the middle of the commotion talking to the firemen and the managers and assessing the situation. That's my husband! He was wearing plaid swim shorts(blue) with a striped Polo(green), sunburned, and holding a beer. He said, "Why aren't they listening to me?" Jaclyn and I got a big kick out of that.I forgot all of the maps that I made for driving around, so we had to rely on Jaclyn's navigation system. I don't think it fully understood Austin, so we spend a lot of time U-Turning and driving in the "abyss" where there were no roads on the map! It just made it all the more fun...right guys?
Here are some pictures from the game! We had a great time, minus the heat! We got to see Missy and all of her family!
After the game, we went to Dave and Buster's. Cliff was able to come and we all had a great time playing. Greg and Wade loved some police game and Wade also loved the trivia. It was great to spend time with everyone!
with the Pennington's at D&B!
Our Dave & Buster's Photo!
We ate breakfast at the cutest place in Round Rock and then headed home. It was a great weekend!
Guess what? We took another 3 hour nap yesterday! Not on purpose! What's wrong with us?

No comments:
Post a Comment