Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Turkey Day!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my blog friends!

We have had a nice day relaxing! We slept in and then had cinnamon rolls and coffee while watching the Macy's Parade at our house. What a treat! We then headed over to the Bates house to help with the final meal preparations. I helped mom top off a carrot cake and a Hershey cake and then injected the turkey (my favorite). I boast on the fact that I can get 2 whole bottles of marinade in one turkey. I marinate and my dad fries! We make a great team and the turkey was incredible. The only problem was how much of it I ate! My mom set a beautiful table (picture below) and we have had so much fun bonding with the family today. It has been fun to have Kyle and my Gauge-Nephew home (also pictured below).



We just played the new Trivial Pursuit and I am so dumb! I mean really! My husband knows the answer to everything and I couldnt even start to answer the questions because I didn't know what they were asking or anything leading up to the answer. Hopefully I have some other talents!

We are very thankful today. We talked earlier about how blessed we are by our marriage, our home, our families, our friends, our jobs and most of all our salvation.

"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever."

1 Chronicles 16:34

Here is our "Thanksgiving Picture." I wore my cute new "puffy vest" even though it is 80 degrees outside. My dad made fun of me...go figure!

We are spending the night with the Bates tonight, so we can get up early and eat our "surprise" breakfast my mom is cooking us. We will then head to the Hanegan Lakehouse around noon!

No comments: