Wade and I didn't have much going on this weekend, but we had so much fun together. That is a praise in itself. Friday night we ate at Carino's in Missouri City and then spent the rest of the night on the couch relaxing and watching movies!
Saturday we slept in and had our typical cinnamon rolls and coffee. We then headed out to get our alterations for Valorie's wedding, which is coming up SO soon. We can't wait! We got our grocery shopping done and the house clean too!
Saturday night we headed over to Jeff and Alecia's house to grill out. We saw Adam, Ramie and Jackson and had a great time! The weather was very pleasant! Then we got to meet West for coffee and catch up with her. I think that is becoming a weekly thing...and I like it!
SUNDAY! We got to have our first church service in our newly renovated santuary! It was INCREDIBLE! Praise the Lord for the good He has done in our church. The sanctuary looked beautiful and the message and music were truly touching. Wade and I were both moved by the service and just by the way the Lord provides for his people when they ask in faith. We were there when they came up with the idea, then when they got the money dontated, and now it is finished and impacting lives. We are so blessed to have a church that means so much to us! Not only that, but I love the smiling faces I see there!My mom came over and had enchiladas with us last night since my dad had to work. We had fun seeing her! We then attempted to watch the VMA's to see if we could spot a certain someone...some of you know what I'm talking about...but we couldn't handle much of it. I can tell I'm getting old and grumpy, but Wade and I decided that our kids won't be watching MTV! I mean, what is the point of wearing pants if your whole butt shows??????? Ugh! I'm sure most of you didn't see what I'm talking about, but be glad!
I am really excited because West and I have signed up for a new bible study that starts tomorrow. It is a group of 250 girls 18-25 taught by Beth Moore at the church. It is called "Lit" and is an Intro to the Bible Course geared for young women. I have needed some structure in my studying, so I can't wait to see what the Lord wants me to learn. I will let you know how it goes!

No comments:
Post a Comment